Tuesday, July 8, 2008


Hello all! My name is Heather Martin. I grew up in Rancho Cucamonga, California where I attended Los Amigos elementary school until 5th grade. I then went to Etiwanda Intermediate School for 6-8th grade before moving to the very small town of Yucaipa where I attended and graduated from Yucaipa High School. From there I went to Crafton hills college, a small Jr. College in the hills of Yucaipa. Then I found myself here at Cal State San Marcos. I lived here for a while but now I have the lovely pleasure of driving to school from Rancho Cucamonga, where I have recently moved. But I graduate in august, yeah! And I should have my credential by December; then it's off to face the real world for me.

As far as technology goes, I’m not the savviest person. But I have taken this course before so I am familiar with most of the assignments we'll be facing in this course. I’m crossing my fingers that my skills have improved as much as I think they have, so I can pass this course and graduate! I don’t use technology too much unfortunately. I check my school e-mail and have the guilty pleasure of checking my space account on a regular basis. Other than that I steer away from technology because it scares me. I usually have someone help me with anything involving technology. I use a pc at home but have some experience on a Mac from courses here at school. And as far as windows goes, I hate the new version! It’s confusing and frustrating especially since I have the old version at home.

The part of the mission statement that speaks to me is the part about collaboratively transforming public education. I feel that our public education system is definitely not up to par in many areas and is definitely in need of some positive transformation. Although the mission statement is a great one, I did not read it before I applied. I chose to attend cal state because of its outstanding reputation of educating future educators.

2 comments:

Sarah S said...

Heather! The drive back and forth must get tiring. Bummer that you are so far away from school now. Luckily, you won't have to do it for very much longer. It is good that you admit that you are not technologically inclined. Now you will be able to take what you learn and use it to your advantage. I know it takes me a few tries to get things right when it comes to technology.I totally agree with the Windows Vista as well. It is such a pain!

~sarah s.

Katy said...

Hi Heather,

I remember you saying you liked Project Runway, me too. I think the new season is starting in July. It's good that you're familiar with the assignments of the class already and Hopefully you don't have to drive out here too many days out of the week! See you tonight.